You should run Crim in August! They have an 8k and it’d be a good warm-up to the half =)
What and where is it? ahungrygirlsweightlossjourney
Appa had a seizure and bit me during it. He didn’t break skin but there’s too much swelling around the contact points for me to use my right hand without pain right now. I called into work and took the day off.
I’m upset that his heart is this bad and that I’m now missing out on a long shift that would have been a lot of money, but I’m glad it was a seizure and not a heart attack and that he bit me instead of one of my parents.
Breakfast was three duck eggs with Gouda and cream cheese with bacon.
- I signed up for another half marathon. It’s in Frankenmuth on October 4. This means I need to start getting up crazy early for training because you all know how much of a whiny piss baby I am about running in the heat.
- I’m real excited to see how my pace and time change compared to my first one, especially having that 8’45” pace on yesterday’s 5k run.
- I also signed up for the Run Wild 10k at the Detroit Zoo on September 14. Right now my goal is just sub-60 because I’m not sure how well my faster pace will translate to greater distance.
- I don’t remember if I’ve actually explicitly written about this yet, but a while ago my manager and MIT said if I agreed to stay at my store through the holidays (so until January), that they would promote me to floor leader. I ended up saying yes after our last staff meeting. So I’m staying in Michigan for at least four more months.
- I’m worried that I’m clinging onto moving back to Chicago because it’s familiar and safe and that I’m afraid of moving forward so I’m trying to fall back.
- I’m at a very weird place in life emotionally right now.
- I want so much more. In so many ways.
do vegans not realize it’s literally impossible to consume only ethical products under capitalism
WHAT MADE YOU DECIDED THAT WEARING LONG SLEEVES IN SUMMER WAS A GOOD IDEA?
I EXPECTED IT TO BE LIKE 57 AND CLOUDY
Today I achieved my long term goal of running a sub-30 5k. Which I beat by nearly a minute per mile.
I’m a silly person and gauged how to dress off what the weather was like when I woke up at 7:30 and was in my shady backyard, rather than what it was like when I ran at ~9 in the shade less subdivision. Basically I wore crops and a long sleeved top and was absolutely melting.
- run 5k
- work 12-5
- IKEA with Chris. Not sure if it’ll actually happen considering I’m driving home from work during rush hour and IKEA closes at 9. Well. I guess it’ll work.
Dat food. So keto. Plus coffee twice.